I’m back again with another homemade breakfast spread that's just as easy as the Nutella but slightly more savoury when you’ve overdone it with the chocolate spread! This peanut butter recipe from the Inspired Taste blog uses only 4 ingredients, one of which is honey which could be easily subbed for agave nectar or any vegan honey substitute…so not only is it delicious, easy, and quick to make, it can just as easily be made vegan too!
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160 Fan/ Gas Mark 4 and roast the peanuts for about 5 mins. Take them out halfway through and roughly turn them over with a spoon just to make sure they all heat evenly. You’ll know once they’re done as they’ll be slightly brown and smell really nutty.
- Next, take the peanuts out of the oven and allow them to cool for 5 mins, if you want to make yours crunchy peanut butter (my favorite variety) then reserve 1/3 of the cooked peanuts in a separate bowl. Take your 1/3 of peanuts and whizz them in a food processor until they’ve broken down into chunks but haven’t blitzed completely, again, leave these in a separate bowl for now.
- Take the rest of the peanuts and let them break down in the food processor for about 2-3 minutes until you have a smooth paste, you might need to scrape down the sides of the processor a couple of times.
- Now, add in your sea salt, honey, and oil and whizz in the food processor until your mix is a thick, smooth paste. If the mix is still a bit too thick or chunky, you can add in some more oil, but only do this a teaspoon at a time to stop it from becoming too runny.
- Like I said before if you want to make crunchy peanut butter, now add your separate bowl of peanuts to the mix and just combine them together with a spoon!