This one has been a LONG time in the making, mainly because I knew I wanted to make a video out of this one and not just use loads of pictures for a normal recipe, so I’ve also been learning the art of editing videos! I’ve been trying to make “fakeaway” food in my spare time to see if any of them are worth putting on the blog and alongside the vegan KFC recipe I put out last week, this Big Mac is well worth giving a go! I’m gonna put a short video on here so you can get a general gist of the method and ingredients to make them and then I'll include a full ingredients list and method down below so you have a choice of both!
- Start by preheating the oven to 200C/ 180 Fan/ Gas Mark 4 and cook your burgers for between 15-20 minutes, you can slice them now or try and slice them when they come out of the oven but either way, we want very thin burgers for our Big Mac.
- Whilst the burgers are cooking get all your buns toasted and set aside.
- Now it’s time to make that famous burger sauce! Mine is a simplified version but I still think it tastes really good; add your mustard, ketchup, mayo, and salt and pepper in a little bowl/mug and stir until fully combined, it should be a peachy/yellow colour. Give it a taste and see if you like it, I like mine with less mustard and more mayo but you might like yours differently so just add in more sauces if you want to!
- Now it’s time to assemble the burgers! Get a bottom bun and coat with sauce, add a slice of cheese, lettuce, and then one half of a burger. Place another bottom bun on top of the burger and repeat this process topping with a sesame seed top!
- Repeat for your other burgers and don’t forget your fries!