I had so much fun making the last batch of sausage rolls, that I decided to take it up a notch and make these sausage rolls with a tasty addition of BBQ sauce! These are just as easy as the previous batch and only use 4 ingredients! I’ve made a fun video for you to see the process but I’ll leave the ingredients and a method down below!
- Preheat your oven to 180C/ 160 Fan/ Gas Mark 4 and unroll your puff pastry on a clean floured surface.
- Place the sausages in 2 rows of 2 and then use the little space at the bottom to fit one extra one, cut the pastry around the sausages leaving rectangles of about an inch wide on each side, so that we have enough pastry to fold around the sausages. Remove the sausages from the pastry and set them aside for a moment.
- To make our bbq sauce filling just put a couple of tbsp of bbq sauce in a mug and season well with salt and pepper, then using a pastry brush, brush the sauce all over the pastry rectangles until each one is well covered. Place your sausages back on their rectangles and brush some extra bbq sauce over the top and sides of them as well.
- Fold both sides of the pastry around the sausage, crimp the edges of the pastry to seal the filling inside then position each roll on a greased baking tray or baking mat.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the rolls a couple of times to let the air out while it bakes, then brush over your milk for glazing.
- Pop the sausage rolls in the oven for 17-20 mins until the pastry has puffed and slightly browned!