Already we’re back to the seasonal ingredient recipes which mark the ending of another month, this time I'm just so excited to move into October so I'm looking forward to this one! This month I've chosen cauliflower and for the savoury recipe, we’re making famous cauliflower wings with my own sweet and spicy recipe, oh! And of course, I couldn’t forget to mention that this recipe is fully vegan!
- Preheat the oven to 230C/ 210 Fan/ Gas Mark 5 and grease or line a large baking tray with a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl add flour, paprika, salt, pepper and milk, mix this with a spoon until fully combined, the batter should be smooth with no lumps but thick like pancake batter.
- Take your cauliflower and break florets off to form bite-sized chunks that resemble the size of chicken wings.
- One at a time, add your cauliflower to the batter, turn it on both sides to fully coat then transfer them to the baking tray, evenly spaced apart.
- Bake them for 20 mins, turning over halfway through.
- In a small bowl add the hot sauce, oil and golden syrup, whisk until fully combined into an orange-looking syrup.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the hot sauce mixture over the top and bottom of each wing until shiny.
- Transfer them back into the oven for another 8-10 mins just to allow the glaze to set, once out you could brush them over lightly once more if you wanted to, but now you’re ready to eat!